Monday, November 9, 2009

Blessing of the new classrooms

As I mentioned before, this fall saw the opening of the first four grades of the grammar school in Hato Nuevo, which serve 120 additional children. October 28th I blessed the new classrooms whose finishing touches were furnished by some of the wealthy ladies of the DR.

Assembly of children and ladies for the blessings
The foundation obtained the money to build the structure, finish the basement and first floor as well as the bathrooms on the second floor, and to put a roof over the open center of the building to prevent future inundations of the classrooms from torrential downpours.

Children performing during the blessings

Children ready to sing during the blessings

In other thoughts, I could not help but notice on my return to the DR at the end of October how empty the airports were. It reminded me of air traffic after 9/11.

Much love to all who care and help me with my now over 800 "grandkids" and growing.
~P.Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment